22 de diciembre de 2022

 


[I've added some additional resources that I have been using this week, especially today. I hope they are as helpful for you as they were for me]



Seccion llame "Goals para esta semana"

  1. Tener una conversaccion para dos minutos
  2. Leer siete libros de ninos 
    1. En el supermercado (Duolingo)
    2. Smile Please! (BookBox)
  3. Practicar mi pronunciación del alfabeto (primaria en las vocales)


Notas:

Hoy estudio and practico mi espanol. Today, I worked on Language Transfer (episodes 26 - 27), listened and practiced (they read and I read) the BookBox story "Smile Please!", practiced in Duolingo, had a Spanish class with Franco, and continued with Destinos.

For the Language Transfer, the sessions went well. I had some moments of trying to remember the vocabulary from earlier episodes and consulting SpanishDict for correct pronunciation, especially when I cannot clearly hear the pronunciation or identify the word being used. I do need to do some more work with reflexive pronouns to identify the difference between "I stay" and "I remain myself" and when to use them.

Working on books level 1 playlist on BookBox, I listened to the entire story first. On the second loop, I let the narrator read a line before repeating it. It went pretty well, especially since some of the language such as corrio was repetitive throughout the story. I would argue that I understand about 50% through the words alone but 80-90% with the use of images/scenes.

In my Spanish class, we worked on pronunciation, estar vs ser, present tense (-ar, -er, -ir) and future tense (ir + a + infinitive and conjugation form). Mainly, we worked on my pronunciation and when to stress syllables in the words.  I was introduced to three types of words: (1) palabras agudas, (2) palabras graves, and (3) palabras esdrújulas. (Need to work on them) But they build upon my understanding how to pronounce a word or separating it by the syllables.

Lastly, I worked on episode 2 of Destinos. As I watched the episode, I realized that I understood a lot more of the conversational Spanish than I thought. This resource is a great introduction to watching Spanish television because it is slow paced, so I am able to clear hear the pronunciations and review what I learned at the end in the review section. Despite the plot of this episode, the episode also focused on the vocabulario around family (hijo, hija, esposo, esposa, hermano, y hermana).

Additional Resources to use:

Exercises, texts, and grammar: Aprenderespanol.org
Dictionary (besides SpanishDict): http://wiktionary.org/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 de diciembre de 2022